Project 365 or Project 357

Someone I know is doing this too and it's inspired me to follow along.  It's amazingly simply; take one photo everyday for a year.  Sounds easy!  Well we shall see, eh?  Since I am getting a late start (8 days or so) I'm on Project 357.  I just might have to take the obvious photo sometime along the way to mark the project.

Not sure how often I will post, but will try to get regular updates so things don't get out of hand.  Now for my first couple of picture.  The obvious selection is related to my weekend habits of cycling.  I regularly get together with a group of friends for a "breakfast" ride.  The route is selected by the route leader with a stop along the way for a qualified breakfast stop.  The qualifications are simple for the breakfast stop.  It must be a local shop (not a chain) and what you would normally consider a "greasy spoon" establishment.  There is not any room for the high society, pinky finger extended, cafe' stops for this group.  If the average breakfast plate costs more than $6 then it definitely does not qualify for the group's "high standards".

The rides are highly enjoyable and entertaining, with riders of all abilities along for the fun.  Distances range from an easy 20 to the more challenging 65 milers.  But you can always count on a stop for "refueling" past the halfway point and the route after breakfast is always the easiest part of the morning.  Some weekends the ride leaders schedule 2 rides, one on Saturday and again on Sunday.  That was the case this weekend.  So here are my first two photographs of my Project 357.


Saturday morning's group was pretty big



Headed back to the start after JB's breakfast

1 Response
  1. E Castell Says:

    Glad to see you are doing this too. More motivation to keep going and not miss a day.