First Goals and Training

First goal … Holualoa Tucson Triathlon … March 21st, 2010.

Got the confirmation for my entry into my very first triathlon this week! I am both excited and a little concerned with my ability to complete the swim without stopping at the side of the pool. It’s a Sprint distance triathlon with distances of 825 yard swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. My main objective is to simply be able to swim then entire 825 yards without stopping. I’ve talked until I’m blue in the face with other swimmers and triathletes I know. All have said don’t sweat it, it’s easy! Okay I guess I have to their word for it!

I’ve got my initial training schedule set with the emphasis on swimming 3-4 times a week. With 10 weeks remaining, I think I may have gotten in over my head? As someone who pesters me on a weekly basis is famous for saying, “We shall see” (add Latin accent).

This past week I got 2 swims in during my “lunch” breaks lasting about 30 minutes with one getting me a 100 yard run without stopping. Need to relax and concentrate on my form and technique.

Obviously the bike is not any concern and the run should be pretty easy going with a slow jog. I can always walk it! LOL.
1 Response
  1. E Castell Says:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am that you are taking this on. That's my big brother!!